1. Data Protection
We take data protection very seriously. The GDPR forms the legal framework. For a nomination, please obtain the nominee’s consent before passing the nominee’s personal data to us. If you are nominated, please read the following privacy notice carefully. If you have any questions, just let us know.
2. Privacy Notice
The responsible controller within the meaning of data protection law is BRYTER GmbH, Uhlandstraße 175, 10719 Berlin. To exercise the below mentioned rights or if you have any questions regarding our processing of your nomination, please contact us using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data, especially title, first name, surname, address, telephone number, e-mail-address, job description, pictures and other information regarding a short CV, may only be used for the purpose of carrying out the award procedure and the award ceremony. The personal data will not be processed for other purposes – especially, personal data will not be used for advertising. If you do not provide the above mentioned data, you may not be able to take part in the nomination.
In case of self-nominations, the legal ground of processing personal data falls within Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interests for processing personal data are based on carrying out the award procedure and the award ceremony. In case of third-party-nominations, the legal ground of processing personal data falls within Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR in conjunction with the nominee’s consent. Pictures are only collected and stored according to your explicit consent.
Personal data will only be passed on to a third party, if this is necessary to reach the above mentioned purpose. This especially includes the public voting process and the transfer of personal data to the jury. Additionally, personal data will be published during the award ceremony and therefore transferred to further recipients. However, in order for this transfer of personal data to occur, each selected nominee has to be informed thereof and has to give special – additional – consent for the transfer of personal data. All personal data will be deleted within 30 days of the conclusion of the award ceremony.
In accordance with data protection law, each nominee has at all time the right:
- to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning her are being processed (Right of access by the data subject);
- to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning her and to obtain from the joint controllers, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to complete incomplete personal data, including by means of providing a supplementary statement (Right of rectification);
- to obtain from the controller – on the basis of legitimate reasons – the erasure of personal data concerning her without undue delay (Right of erasure);
- to obtain from the controller restriction of processing of personal data within the scope of the legal regulation (Right to restriction of processing);
- to receive the personal data concerning her, which she has provided to the controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, if the legal requirements thereof are met (Right of data portability);
- to withdraw her consent to processing her personal data with effect for the future, if the controller is processing her personal data on the basis of her consent (Right to withdraw consent).
Information to the right to object
If we process your personal data based on legitimate interests, you may object this processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will not process your personal data further, unless we can proof compelling legitimate reasons for the processing of the personal data that prevails your interests, rights and freedoms or the processing is used for the assertion of, exercise of or defense against legal claims.
Further, without prejudice to any other remedies, you have the right at all time to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
The European Women of Legal Tech 2020 is a joint initiative of Hogan Lovells LLP, Europe and BRYTER GmbH.
Responsible for the Award and the Website is
RA Michael Grupp, Dr. Micha-Manuel Bues, Michael Huebl